Our friends at Fixt are in need of a driven, full-time publicist to join their growing team. We have been friendlu with this company for many years and know them to be some of the finest individuals in the entire music business. Read the job description below and, if you think you have what it takes, follow the link at the end of this post to submit an application. You can tell them Haulix sent you.
FiXT Publicity is looking to hire a new Full-Time Rock/Metal/Alternative Music focused Publicist in our Burlington, Iowa office.
The ideal candidate for this position will be motivated to become an active part of the team to accelerate company growth, contribute to the continued expansion of the company and client roster, be extremely organized, and should be capable of multitasking and handling multiple deadlines simultaneously. Candidate should have 3+ years of experience as a music publicist with a portfolio of proven accomplishments and a strong work ethic.
• Writing and Sending Press Releases
• Handling Artist & Client Relations
• Taking Audio/Video Calls with Clients
• Researching New Artists / Press Outlets / Partners, etc…
• Working with Key Press Contacts to Pitch and Solicit for Features, Reviews, Exclusives, Premiers, Interviews, etc…
• Handling an ongoing Client-Roster as well as one-off Campaigns.
• Assisting other Team Members with other Campaigns
• Must be willing to relocate to our Burlington, Iowa headquarters.
• Alternative/Rock/Metal Music Press Knowledge/Experience (Specifically ‘Warped Tour’ related)
• Mac OS X Experience
• Microsoft Word/Excel Experience
• Detail Oriented, ability to prioritize work and work accurately under pressure of deadlines with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Must be an effective communicator, dealing with management, artists, customers, partners, etc…
• Ability to keep up with fast-paced workflow
• Must display Persistence and follow through to achieve goals.
Existing Roster to bring with you
Marketing / Promotions Experience
Existing Music Retailer Relationships (iTunes, Beatport, Amazon, Spotify, etc…)
Basecamp Project Management Software Experience (or similar)
Creative professional in a Advertising/Marketing Agency
Additional Consideration for:
Adobe Photoshop / Photography Experience
HTML/CSS Coding Experience
Direct Advertising / Re-Targeting Advertising Experience
Full-Time: 40hrs per week
Benefits: Vacation/Sick Pay
Sound like something you might want to be a part of? Click here to submit an application!