Hello, everyone! Welcome to the final Weekly Update of August. Can you believe we are almost eight full months into 2016? We swear time speeds up right around the time summer arrives.
We have some news and tidbits for you to enjoy, but first we wanted to share this wonderful little ear worm:
Each and every weekend we like to take a brief break from our regularly scheduled programming to update and reflect on everything happening at Haulix HQ. We are far more than a music blog, as many of you already know, and posts like this give us an opportunity to share more our efforts with all of you.
As you have surely noticed by now, the old version of Haulix has been functioning normally for well over a week at this point. We learned some big lessons from the problems we encountered with our recent platform launch, and we learned even more when we decided to roll back to the version of our site that is now live at Haulix.com. These were the biggest takeaways from that experience:
– Moving forward, we need to be absolutely sure a new platform will function properly before pushing it live. We did a lot of testing this time around, but clearly there were things we missed. Next time we will be more thorough.
– The design itself was a bit overwhelming for some at first, but most users who got to click around the site came to appreciate the changes. We are sticking with the new UI moving forward for the most part, but there will be a few changes made before we try to push it live again.
– Speaking of pushing it live, we currently have no timeline on any potential re-launch of the updated platform. We want to make it happen sooner than later, but we first want to make sure it is as good as it can possibly be.
– Duplicating campaigns needs to be easier
– Journalists need/want the option to see all their promos at once, but filtering tools are needed as well.
– People love headers, and we need to be sure the option to use them is present in campaign customization.
If you have additional feedback for us regarding your experiences with ‘new Haulix,’ please email them to: email@example.com
Things around the blog have been picking up as we move further away from the recent issues with platform development. We shared a full week of content in recent days, and we have plenty of entries to keep you entertained and informed planned for the weeks ahead. Our goal is to resume posting 6-10 new articles a week, in addition to an increased presence on social media. If you missed anything as of late, especially our podcasts, please head over to our archive and catch up ASAP.
That’s all we have for this week. Check back here on Sunday for an all-new music industry job board.