A lot has been written about the supposed dire state of the music industry, but truth be told there are a number of successful and growing companies, including record labels, that are thriving in 2016. In this column we bring together every job opening we can find from the companies responsible for building the future of the business and present them to you, our reader, in hopes of aiding you on your journey to join the global music industry professional family.
Each week we scour the internet for the latest and greatest job postings throughout the music industry. You can help us better serve our community by sending any job openings you find or have to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name of the company hiring, a detailed description of the position being offered, a desired start date, contact information, and any additional supplemental information you feel may be needed.
A&R Assistant (Warner Music Group – Los Angeles)
Job summary: he A&R Department operates as the primary source of talent scouting and record making within Warner Music Group. It is A&R that allows us to locate and sign new talent and continue making records for currently signed artists.
Marketing Strategist (Loove Music – Brooklyn, NY)
Job summary: We are a Brooklyn based music startup, studio and production space. We’re building an app that will offer cultural institutions and artists a new set of tools for the distribution of good music. As one of those cultural institutions, we are also launching a label of our own.
We’re looking for someone to spearhead our marketing strategy. That someone is philosophical about messaging and analytical about results. Cares deeply about music and the people who make it. Is passionate about technology, can keep up with the speed of innovation. Wants to be a part of something positive, and can infect others with their excitement about it.
Artist Marketing Manager (Red Bull – Santa Monica, CA)
Job summary: Red Bull’s Artist Marketing department is a team of passionate, arts-driven creators and curators committed to inspiring artist development and innovation in music. The Artist Marketing Manager role at U.S. HQ is focused on artist- and industry-facing custom projects that develop and sustain the brand’s high volume of artist relationships. He/she is an excellent project manager first, an expert at converting creative ideas into realistic timelines with actionable tasks that deliver tangible results. Secondly, he/she is a creative manager with diverse music taste and a solid network of 1:1 music industry and artist relationships.
Coordinator, Warner Music Artist Services (WMG – NYC)
Job summary: The Coordinator, Warner Music Artist Services will assist the EVP, Warner Music Artist Services, and SVP, Warner Music Artist Services with day-to-day administration and supporting tasks.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Manage executive’s calendars, answering phones, schedule meetings, arrange conference calls, book travel including domestic & international flights, hotel, & transportation, and ordering supplies, etc.
- Submit, track, & maintain travel and entertainment expenses.
- Plan and coordinate both domestic & international team meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and take notes of account and internal meetings.
- Aide in the preparation and dissemination of business reviews, Spreadsheets, and ad hoc PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain highly confidential & sensitive information.
- Support execution of various commercial and marketing initiatives as needed.
- Responsible for vendor maintenance, processing invoice for payment, and reconciliation with Finance.
- Other special projects as needed.
Chief Marketing Officer (Atlanta Symphony Orchestra)
Job summary: The Chief Marketing Officer will oversee all marketing, sales, communications, and customer service functions of the Atlanta Symphony and Atlanta Symphony Hall. In addition, the CMO is responsible for coordination of customer experience with the Woodruff Arts Center team. The CMO will report to the Executive Director, and will be charged with the following overall responsibilities:·
- Managing all Atlanta Symphony (ASO) earned revenue streams· Developing and implementing strategies for earned revenue growth across the organization
- Overseeing ASO, SH, and ASO Presents (ASOP) brand and imaging in the community and worldwide
- Ensuring maximum net profit from ASO popular, special concert, and Chastain Park and Verizon Amphitheater programming
- Coordination of ASO popular and ASOP programming
- Overseeing all customer service functions
Audio Generalist (Magic Leap – Dania Beach, FL)
Job summary: A Magic Leap Audio Generalist is a well-rounded professional capable of doing everything necessary to sonify an interactive experience. From working with producers and collaborators to conceptualizing the audio direction; recording and directing dialogue; conceiving and creating music; creating and gathering sound effects; and integrating it all into a realistic, effective and compelling interactive audio environment. The ideal candidate embraces the technical challenges that arise at the cutting edge of a new frontier in computing.
Sales Planner (Spotify – Seattle)
Job summary: We are looking for an outstanding Sales Planner that will join our US Ad Sales team in Seattle. You will be responsible for assisting the full sales cycle from pre-sales through campaign execution. You must be professional, organized and motivated as well as have the drive to succeed in a start-up environment. You will be a reliable support resource who can anticipate client and sales team needs. This role includes analysis, planning, research, project management and brainstorming. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Manager, Fan Engagement (Warner Music Group – Burbank, CA)
Job summary: The Manager Fan Engagement & Channel Management position exists to (i) ideate and implement artist specific social media, web, and direct to consumer initiatives on behalf of a designated roster of Warner Bros. Records’ artists and (ii) drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention across all social media platforms. The position will be the main artist contact for all digital fan engagement initiatives.
Additionally, the Manager Fan Engagement & Channel Management position will have a high degree of visibility across all company departments and will manage all aspects of specific WBR artists’ social media projects to ensure all details of the initiatives and goals are delivered in a timely and concise manner. This person will manage timelines, budgets, content/product development, and marketing for the various platforms.
Label Assistant (RCA Inspiration – Franklin, TN)
Job summary: We are currently looking for someone who enjoys maintaining productive working relationships, servicing others and listening to gospel music!
Program Director (iHeartMedia – Columbia, SC)
Job summary: Leads all aspects of radio station’s on-air experience in a leadership and operations role, responsible for talent, content, programming, and online presence.
• Reviews and determines all commercial and paid programming content; decides music play lists; schedules programming in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws; protects station license.
• Plans and oversees tone, programming, production, sound & theme, website, online presence, and social media.
• Collaborates with Production to enlist musical direction and seeks options that meet editorial scope.
• Fields record label calls, schedules music, and checks social media to ensure music remains consistent with station’s brand.
• Identifies, recruits, and coaches on-air talent, producers, news directors, and reporters, e.g., frequently listens/airchecks sessions with on-air talent,
• Provides direction to DJ and audio engineer on content
• Partners with Market President, Programming and Sales in support of local and corporate business goals to increase market share, listeners, ratings, advertiser satisfaction, and revenue while aligning programming fit with client, station, and audience; creates talent and station marketing, promotion, and image campaigns.
• Determines and maintains creative vision for station(s) to enhance station image and visibility within the community.
• Evaluates programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
• Schedules staff for on-air shifts, remotes, and appearances.
• Ensures staff has taken/passed/maintained all company programs, plans, and training (e.g., RBI, Payola/Plugola).
• Prepares and manages Programming Department budget on a yearly, quarterly, and monthly basis.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, artists’ managers, composers and other industry contacts.
Marketing Manager (The Cleveland Orchestra)
Job summary: This position will collaborate with our team on marketing campaigns to reach new audience segments and increased ticket sales for Cleveland Orchestra performances at Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center. In addition to coordinating the production and implementation of print, direct mail, broadcast, social and digital marketing, he/she will assist with database segmentation & expense management and provide customer service and logistical support to the Orchestra’s innovative student, young professional and loyalty programs.
Production Manager (AEG Live at Nokia Texas – Grand Prairie, TX)
Job summary: The Manager Production advances all event details for all shows. The Production Manager will be responsible for the production team and to set a plan in motion to execute the show as per the agreed terms in the contract. The Production Manager will adhere to a budget to ensure all costs are being tracked and monitored. They will ensure that all the needs of the show and performer are met.
Campaign Manager (Vevo – Los Angeles)
Job summary: As Vevo’s Ad Operations Campaign Manager you will play a key role in the functioning of the ad operations group. This role is responsible for management of digital advertising programs, custom advertising implementations and partnering with the Revenue Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Product & Technology teams and vendors to identify and implement new solutions within Vevo’s ad serving technology
Marketing Coordinator, Social Impact (Spotify – NYC)
Job summary: As the Marketing Coordinator for Social Impact, you’ll be a part of building programs that use music to change the world.Spotify is a growing global organization and social impact is becoming a larger part of our culture. We need a dynamic, passionate, and persuasive person to lead our internal communications and employee engagement.As the Marketing Coordinator, you’ll need to work collaboratively and autonomously with every part of the organization. You’re excited about the challenges of creating an open and compassionate culture within a global company.
Brand Coverage Assistant (CAA – NYC)
Job summary: The New York office is seeking an Assistant to work in the Brand coverage division. This team is focused on Multicultural business development within our Lifestyles Department. Our lifestyle experts work across the agency to help extend the “brand” of artists, personalities, lifestyle properties, brands, and agency clients by developing new and creative opportunities. This area has extensive crossover and supports all departments across the agency and works directly with advertising agencies and brands.
Job summary: Your role will include being responsible for content decisions by crunching large data sets, analyzing the results, and gaining insight across Label Relations, Artist Services, Licensing and Content Operations within the group. It is a role that requires strong communication skills across the various central, territory teams at USM as well as other parts of the UMG business. Streaming and subscription based music models now account for one third of our catalogue revenues and it is growing. We are focused on providing the right music for every moment. We connect vast numbers of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. Your insights & recommendations will ensure that we can execute initiatives that will help drive our KPI’s to success.
Customer Marketing Manager (Bloomfield Hills, MI)
Job summary: The Customer Marketing Manager is an individual contributor role, and part of a cross-functional team assigned to support automotive car manufacturer (OEM) customers. Utilizing knowledge of Bose Corporation’s “Essence and Values” together with Divisional and customer team strategic objectives, the Marketing Manager will represent Bose to customers in North America. The Marketing Manager has responsibilities that include supporting business development initiatives, defining & leveraging market intelligence in the pursuit of new business development opportunities, leading vehicle program launches, and supporting customer relationships management activities. Travel expected is around 25%